menu   Home About Me Creations Advertise Copyright  

pumpkins, prepositions, and poems



So as you can see... life is getting better...
I vented and so did others...
isn't it always nice to know you are not alone!!!
BUT WHY on EARTH do you want someone in your personal Titanic with you???
OH WELL we are sinking together and it is nice to know the LIFE preserver store called and they are restocked!!!

OK so what did I do this week...
well let me see
I had some meetings (can't even remember what they were... faculty, data, grade level, and at risk, and one more... )
I had some data collecting and documenting... ( science, reading, writing, and math...OH MY)
I had some grading... all of the above mentioned and add in spelling, english, social studies.
I had some disciplining... enough said (ok maybe not... I have signed more planners this year than I have in the last 5 years combined) I have high standards maybe BUT... bad habits established in previous classes need to be broken YES!!!
AND to top off all of this... I GOT IN A GREAT LESSON TOO!!!
YAY
*~*~~~~~ confetti ~~~~*~*
and here it is
thanks to Kenoyer for the inspiration...


 





  
 



 






 
 well I hope you likey!!!
we also did some other PREPOSITION activities
We LOVED watching this





I know it has some errors... BUT the idea was to get them hooked into Prep PO PREPOsitions...
HILARIOUS

we also did a sorting activity with these


Preposition Word Wall

 it is cut off because this is my PIN and I can't get a decent pic...
anywho tennis shoe...
she did all the work and the prepositions on polka dots SO CUTE
click on the pic to go there
OR NOT... blogger is not my friend right now
here is the link http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Preposition-Word-Wall

if you are curious about where I got the POEMS
are ya are ya???
well that book recommendation came from Kenoyer too!!!
here it is... mine is on the way...
this one is for Texas TEKS







BUT BUT BUT
looky lou!!!



they have it for common core too

it is for grade levels k-5 and
it has e-book versions too
and those can be grade specific...
BUT I suggest getting the whole shabang
because it refers to other poems in the other grades...

OK is that it???
is it...
I think so!!!
toodles

14 comments:

  1. LOVE that song!!
    and I'm glad life is getting a little better...one fo our grade level meetins this week, our admin asked us to tell them what is and isn't working...I told them...
    having meetings EVERY day isn't working for me..lol! I think they actually heard that a lot (go figure), so hopefully...they will listen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks for the book recommendation.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for inspiring me to be a best teacher I can be :)

    Amand
    aRock Stars At Work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pumpkins & high standards! One can tell that your kiddos are doing so well!
    Amy Howbert

    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! The pop up pumpkins are very creative. Setting it up so they write sentences and then a poem is an excellent idea. Students are so engaged by activities like that and the lesson is memorable for them! Thanks!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea for teaching prepositions! I'll definitely have to try something like this with my students. Thanks for sharing!

    Alison
    Eberopolis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ice cream scoops venn diagram. What a cute and clever way to do that! Bet the kiddos loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pumpkins! I have taught a similar lesson for a few years using a house, but I love the pumpkin idea!

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I noticed the book, Big Words, on your desk. What are you using it for? I just checked it out of my school library this week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! Our mentor sentences focus this week was prepositions! We'll be stretching prepositions into another week. Thanks for sharing this.

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love LOVE! The preposition song is hysterical! I can totally see students loving these activities!

    Rachael
    The Classroom Game Nook

    ReplyDelete
  12. SUPER cute pumpkins! I also love "Big Words for Little People" that you have on your desk. Do you have any activities you do with it?? Also, because you love a good Linky party ;) I've "Boo'd" you at my blog. All you have to do is link up your favorite October activities...like the ones you just shared!

    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those pumpkin prepositions. I like the idea of Poetry Friday. It's a Hot Spot for our school, this is a good idea. I don't think I could do it every Friday, but 1 Friday a month would be nice.

    Speaking of breaking bad habits from previous teachers...I have a student who was Home Schooled. HUM...needless to say it's been a serious CHALLENGE. Plus, last year one of our 2nd grade teachers left in December and they put a sub in her class the rest of the school year. The results...Not pretty.

    ReplyDelete

~ I {PuFFy} HeArT comments!!!! THANK YOU!!!

JuSt an FYI

This policy is valid from 25 July 2011

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/