menu   Home About Me Creations Advertise Copyright  

SPREAD THE JOY!!!!

So I wanted to just blog...
and vent and share
and well.....


GURLLLLLL... (and occasional BOOY)
I am in one of those years...
yep YEP yep
you know the one...
it is said you only get one of these in your WHOLE career...
I am getting payback for having
THE ABSOLUTE DREAM CLASS
last year...
which is also rumored to happen only once in your WHOLE CAREER *tear*
anywho...
let me say this though... not all of my kiddos are on the naughty list
I do have some on the SWEET and NICE list (bless their hearts)
and there are even a few on the borderline list...
it is all dependent on if the healthy school breakfast was HEALTHY
and the moon is not full
and the weather is not a changing
and all the planets and stars are alligned...
and all vitamins were administered *wink*
you know EXACTLY what I am talking about...
so you get the point...

POINT IS 2 negatives ( behavior and my GRUMPY mood) DO NOT make a positive... it is just a bigger negative and SOOOOOOOO



I decided to look at the good and
APPRECIATE the good!!!
so I took snapshots of the little things that made me HaPPy this week
because that should be celebrated...
FOCUS ON THE JOYS in life!!!!

so here we go...
of course my BUB is NUMBER one and I realized I didn't take a pic of HUBS so HULK will be our stand in... hubs is a hulk... or maybe a hunk...anyways today the HUBS is being played by the HULK love my BOYS

what... look what one of my little girls had on... she loves me AND it is GLITTER... and one of my teacher friends... HI HOLBROOK... gave me a sock monkey tumbler... just because... LOVE IT!!!! and our elf is named GUMBO and he is a hoot and the JOY on Bub's face when he sees it is priceless

I love giving Bub dinner in a muffin tin and HE LOVES it even more... NO he doesn't eat it all... he has to try at least two bites from each... on the menu tonight... yogurt with MnM sprinkles, blueberries, bananas, cashews, spaghetti Os, cheese its, and half of a sandwich...  he ate all of his yogurt, blueberries, bananas, most of his cashews and spaghetti Os, and two bites of sandwich and cheese its... my kid is the PICKIEST eater ever so getting him to eat at all is a struggle so this is a great alternative to the NORMAL plate... and FUN!!! and yes there are 2 spoons and a fork.. that is how we roll

our family pics really capture US... LOVE them... they make me smile when I look at them... wonder if I can make wall paper out of them... can I wall paper my classroom... HMMMM????

they love me... well at least this one does!!!!



So here is my challenge to you...
yes I have a challenge...
we all have times where the paperwork, grading, balance, emails, planning, redirecting, reteaching, testing, demands, concerns, notes, documentation, blah, blah, blah , blah, yadda yadda BLAH... gets us in a grumpy face mood... it is overwhelming.. we have all been there.. or are THERE... sooooooo
whenever you are in the Grumpy Face mood... pull out your camera
and shoot things that make you smile!!!
and then BLOG about them!!!
it will make you happy
it will
PROMISE...
what should we call this...
hmmmm???
 (((thinking cap on and thinking)))

and when you do it...
if you do...
I hope you do!!!!

everyone will be reminded to find the JOY in their life
and then someone else will do it
and then the JOY will be passed on
and then it will spread to someone else
kinda like PAY IT FORWARD...


PLUS  we will get a little PEEP into your JOY!!!
share your JOY
make others smile...
OK
I have a name...

FIND YOUR JOY!!!
(duh it's my title)
use it as your title so others know...


so if you are feeling like you might be in a Grumpy Face mood
start taking pictures of your JOY....
blog about your JOY

share your JOY
and spread the JOY!!!

I am not making this a linky because I think this needs to be spontaneous and fluid....
when the mood strikes...
and even if you are not Grumpy-licious... you can still spread some Joy!!!

toodles

24 comments:

  1. Thanks! Your post made me smile!! I love the muffin tin pan idea. I'm going to have to try that with my almost 3 year old. Beautiful family pics!

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! There really is happiness around us, even if we have "THAT" class this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect time of year to be doing this too. I had my dream class last year too. I only had 11 students. They were awesome! This year I have 25. They aren't a bad class but they are more needy and it's harder than last year duh. But my own daughter is in this class so that is my joy of going to school everyday:)

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea. Too many times we all {myself included} get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life and we forget to think about the things that give us joy and what we are thankful for. I LOVE this post! :)

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post to read! I'm sorry your class is so rough. Good for you for looking on the positive side.. you truly are a wonderful teacher and person! You sure have a lot of wonderful in your life to be happy about :) Love the muffin tin idea... I was a picky eater and I'm sure that would have helped me!

    Amelia
    thewildthingslearn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the reminder to see the joy and positives in everyday! I sometimes need that reminder :)
    Hope you hop on over and check out my first ever linky....Amusing Acronyms....Thanks!
    Nikki
    Love, Laughter and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Farley, your pics are wonderful! I'm giving free Santa Letter writing templates on my blog so that kids can write a letter to Santa, and Macys will donate $1 to Make A wish foundation for sick children with life threatening diseases! Passing it forward to spread smiles to all!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have put this challenge out to the teachers at my school. They can take their Joy pics and get them to me and I will make it a school post. I can't wait to see what they get back to me after next week. I hope they play along! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the reminder! I've been seeing this in myself, too, and am trying to look at things for a different perspective. Things are generally not as bad as we perceive them to be once we calm a little and take a deep breath.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am having the SAME type of year! I hear ya, sister!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful post! I am certainly up for the picture challenge.=)I had the perfect class the last 2 years {looped with them!}. This year has been quite an adjustment as well, but they're growing on me. I even caught my self thinking about looping again... maybe. You're an amazing teacher, so even if those kids drive you up a wall, they are super lucky to have you in their lives. Looking forward to your December "currently"!!
    -Jackie-
    Sister Teachers

    P.S.... I love the muffin tin idea!! My daughter is soooo picky... she only likes Mac and Cheese and Chicken Nuggets, so this variety and novelty will hopefully work for her! Thanks so much for the great idea! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. big hugs to you, my friend!!!
    we have a few classes like that this year, and MAN, are they rough...and tough...and so bad that some teachers are actually thinking of moving schools next year :( BUT...this year will pass...we are already almost halfway through!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love the currently! I'll be praying for you and your class, Farley! :)

    Bren P.
    The Teacher Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for posting this! It was just what I needed. I was starting to get wrapped up in the negativity that is going around our district.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The natives are restless...seem's that the last few weeks of school the students start to lose their minds. I had to write up 5 this week and that's crazy for me. I know what you mean about getting caught up in the negativity, I've been trying to have a positive year and it has been a challenge! But seems that God always gives us lil rays of hope (those great students that you feel you are making a difference with)
    Hope that you find more Joy this coming week! Enjoy your weekend...I know I will since by a rare occasion I did my lesson plans during my planning period!!! haha!! Like Never happens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to take you up on your challenge...naughty kids and grumpy me did not make for a very good afternoon. Thanks for reminding me to look on the bright side!

    Terri
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
  19. GREAT POST! Thanks for the reminder. BTW I love the sock monkey glass.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  20. love it. and what a fab reminder for THOSE days. we've all been there this week...what is up with the effect of the moon?!


    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love you and your blog Farley!!
    Kathy O. (www.thirdgradedoodles.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my...my year as well. I do have 8 that are rays of sunshine, but 16 tougher ones...really only 8 tougher ones but then the other 8 get sucked in easy. I LOVE your blog, I can always identify, and you make me laugh, smile, and think. Good luck, Farley!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great thoughts as always!! I am going to have to take you up on that challenge. I am sitting in my living room smiling to myself:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

~ I {PuFFy} HeArT comments!!!! THANK YOU!!!

JuSt an FYI

This policy is valid from 25 July 2011

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/