About Farley Creations Advertising Copyright Oh Boy... It's Farley! Image Map




Thanks, a class, and lots of pics

FIRST...
thanks so much for all of your LOVE, support, and prayers
my family really appreciates it!!!
we are doing great and each day gets easier...thanks again for being such an amazing support group!!!

SOOOOO
I have been gone for a little bit so
next I wanted to share a few things I have been up to lately...
when we got back to school we did a fun
NEW YEAR'S activity...

 

Lesson Plan Diva is where to find this fantab craftivity
my kiddos absolutely loved it
AND it was such a well thought out activity that my sub did it with the kids....
except the assembly part...
I wanted to do that with my kiddos
PLUS I  LOVE GLITTER
this type of craftivity
it is NOT just for the littles... they can't have all the fun
my bigs LOVED this and they are fantabulous!!!
we got to display them in the front office... because we are cool like that...
plus the secretary is one of my besties so well...
we always get to showcase our talents in her office...

this great craftivity is from the Lesson Plan Diva
here is the link to go grab one for yourself...
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/My-New-Years-Resolution-Craftivity

 I have also been busy making new SCHTUFF



 if you are familiar with my Thanksgiving Pile It On you will LOVE these....
they are thematic stations for math
they review concepts... kinda like a really fun spiral!!!

Math Concepts covered...
Multiplication double digit
Rounding first then solving (multiplication double digits)
Addition of larger numbers
Subtraction of larger numbers
Rounding to the tens, hundreds, and thousands
Place Value
Standard Form
Written Form
Expanded Form

my kiddos LOVE them
included is a recording sheet too...
that way you can get a grade :)
click on the pics to head to my store :)

my plan is to have one for every month...
working on a Leprechaun one right now :)

I also finished a Patricia Polacco reading and writing unit...
for Thunder Cake
a fellow blogging buddy wrote a super sweet review
and I didn't even pay her for it...
Yesterday my 4th graders took a writing CDB. As I was reading the instruction aloud and one of my reluctant writers politely raised her hand and said, "Mrs. Vasquez, I wish we could write our paper like we did Thundercake" I said, who says you can't...go for it. She smiled with joy. I thought, well at least she wants to write but I didn't expect much since she not only dislikes writing but isn't very good at it. Well, today I grade her composition.........Holy Schiznit! She scored a 3 out of 4!!!!!!!!!!!! She has only scored 1's the whole year so far. I look at her planning page, which usually consist of no more then a list of two ideas (and that is really it, I'm not exaggerating), and it had 4 "clouds" which 3 of them had 3 details each. I can't even put in words how Meghan's one activity impacted this student. I really had to guide her through the unit and while I've taught the same skills over and over again she never transferred the skills learned to her own writing. I don't know if it was the book Thundercake, Meghan's brilliance, or the ink I printed the unit in had magical dust in it..... I'm thinking its all Fabulous Farleys fault!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS for being freaking awesome Meghan! Everyone should go buy this right now.......it works!!!!!!!
 OOOOOOOH makes me blush every time...
thanks so much Lorraine...
and PROMISE no money was exchanged
or arm twisting was given
this was just the sweetest thing ever!!!
checkout Lorraine's amazing blog here....


Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

something else I have been up to is
playing around with my camera phone and some of my new camera phone apps
as a HAPPY gift to myself I have signed up for an online class on
taking better phone pics...
really I did
it is taught by the famous digi-craftinistas Jessica Sprague and Heidi Swapp

http://www.jessicasprague.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.tabs.tpl&product_id=2835&category_id=19&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=305
I LOVE LOVE LURVE...
{puffy} heart LOVE taking pics with my phone so
this was a no brainer..
I signed up as soon as it became available...
you should join me...
and of course being the ever so
NOT PATIENT student I started playing around with some apps
and my camera phone!!! LOL
ok don't laugh...

original pic
original picture PLUS moreBeaute2 app
original pic + moreBeaute2 + MoreNoel app
I like to call this my cover photo... it is hilarious


 I know I am a dork...
but so much fun!!!
and I am so excited to start this class!!!
THO excited

and last but not least...
been hangin with my bubs
OF COURSE
DUH!!!

he LOVEs having muffin tin movie night
some cutie patootie got a hair cut... he told Abby he wanted short hairs like his daddy

farley's famous fiesta cookies

bub's is my official taste tester... and he keeps the secret recipe SECRET!!! ;)

 ohhhhh and hangin out with my Mama too!!!



thanks again for being amazingly special and kind hearted friends and followers...
it has helped tremendously through our loss
toodles