menu   Home About Me Creations Advertise Copyright  

CURRENTLY MARCH

It is March...
and you know what that means....

HOLLA like a Leprechaun!!!

NOPE CURRENTLY TIME!!!!


and this Currently is brought to you by....




click on the button below to head on over to her blog...


I love how cute Kate's blog is...
you really need to head on over there...
she is a 2nd grade teacher from San Diego...

her newest creation is super cutesy...



There are 6 pages of activities in each book, two sorts (one simple, one advanced), and some other word finding/organizing activities.  Kate made this to be a streamlined process for the entire year of Word Study.  They are great for the whole class and for interventions later in the year.  These are super duper easy to prep (which I love!!) and they help keep the sound/spelling patterns organized for the year.  This product includes ten mini-workbooks. There are pictures to anchor the spelling patterns. The patterns are long vowels, diphthongs (laugh every time I say this word), and r-controlled vowels.


These are so cool because this is a really tough skill, but this makes it super fun! It can be used as a center, but gets the kids up and moving.  Kate is a genius and scatters the bags all around the room and lets the kiddos wander and work. It's really engaging and a great intro to teaching expository writing.  Non-Fiction and Fiction available.... Yeah!

if you are interested in any of those...
here are the links... for your easy browsing needs...

Mini Workbooks are here... http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Word-Study-Mega-Pack-Mini-Workbooks-Picture-Sort-Roll-a-Word

Non-Fiction Main Idea Bags are here....
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Main-Idea-Bags-Non-Fiction-LessonLiteracy-Center-for-Main-Idea-Non-Fiction

 One more thing I wanted to share with you was this blog post...
http://www.secondgradesparkle.blogspot.com/2012/12/snowy-evening-art-project.html
It is soooo cool how she made this art project
 

I LOVE art projects and this is going on my to do list for next winter...
head on over to the link and see all of the directions :)

I wanted to tell Kate... THANKS for sponsoring the CURRENTLY for the month of March

If you want to be a sponsor or even have a little or big ad on my blog...
look all the way up and click on advertise...
it has all of the 411
prices range from $75 to $5...
so there is something for everyone :)

*************************currently time*************************


 hubs, bubs, and I love some Duck Dynasty...
who doesn't love that... JACK



these are my new shoes...
{PUFFY} HEART LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!!
I think I am going to buy one in every color...
they are leopard moccasins...
Minnetonka 

I have another pair of Minnetonka moccasins... just plain
and LOVE THEM TOO!!!
they are actually fur lined..... and 
THEY ARE SO FLUFFY....
they are really slippers BUT
I still wear them as shoes... to school
I am cool like that...
STEP BACK JACK


I am having my FIRST official ta ta smash on Friday
I am beyond nervous
my Mama is a breast cancer survivor and well 
I am just a little nervous...
I keep telling myself to 
ENCOURAGE MY HOPES AND NOT MY FEARS...
mantra if you will...
it is my calm down farley meditation mantra...it works...
that and shopping :)

I need ALL of March off... to SPRING CLEAN
we are officially done with my MIL house... gave the keys to a realtor TODAY
and now I have to get my house back in order...
so I don't need NO STINK-n 
one week Spring Break... I need the whole month...
SPRING is longer than a week right???
then why is it called SPRING BREAK
and if you are one of those teachers that gets 2 weeks off...
keep it to yourself!!! no bragging allowed :)
that is just not nice

LIKE LOVE HATE
you have to use ONLY 3 words 
that is IT...
and the words have to start with the first letter of your first name...
so I had to come up with words that begin with M...
WHAT? yes 
I have a first name...
it is Meghan...
so I like music... I love making my speakers bounce on the way to work...
I like all kinds of music... well maybe not polka but if I can play it loud and sing
like I am on American Idol... 
I like that... A LOT
I LOVE markers...
I have like a BAJILLION... kazzillion... 
a BUNCH A MUNCH...
Hi my name is meghan and I have a serious marker addiction...
my faves are sharpies BUT  I LOVE me some crayola fine tip... 
and I HATE 
MAYHEM...
that is what my life has felt like lately and well ... 
NO PITTY PARTY for me... 
I am doing my best to get over it ... work through it.... and try new things...

alrighty... that about does it... now it is your turn...


remember the rule of 3...
you need to comment and share the love on the 2 in front of your link and then come back and share some love on the one behind your link...

AND every time I post a CURRENTLY ... I am asked for directions on how to do it... 
please help me... I am soooo soooo soooo tired...
not of people asking for directions...
just I see a very comfy bed in my future...
if you have a tutorial on your blog... please write that in your link title...
like....
Tutorial at (FILL IN THE BLANK )
I need to make a Jpeg that has the directions on it.... BUT well remember MAYHEM!!!
if you make a jpeg pic that I can steal... I mean use let me know in the comments...
If it is SUPER UBER CUTE... I would LOVE to use it in upcoming Currently thingies and I would totally link back to your blog and give you lots and lots of credit... LOTS :)




 toodles

40 comments:

  1. Girl, I imagine you and I would be friends in real life. You talk exactly like I do.... haha :-)

    I'll be back to link up tomorrow, already wrote my Five for Friday post tonight!

    And I don't have a tutorial, but I just import the picture into powerpoint and write over the jpeg with text boxes and word art... is that wrong? or is there an easier way to do it? I meannnnn it seems like everyone figures it out one way or another, right?! You're super popular missy!

    Anyways thanks for hosting!!
    xo Brittany
    Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A month off for Spring Break would be FANTASTIC!!! Let me know where to sign up for that.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the Like, Love, Hate portion this time! Thanks for always hosting such a fabulous linky! You rock my world and I LOVE your new fonts!

    Irene

    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I did it! I made the first 10 of Currently! Next goal...first 5!
    I love ya Farley!
    ~Lorraine
    Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies
    Visit my facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so hear you on the Mayhem. Hopefully it's scooting out for you and calmer waters are ahead. Rock those shoes, girl!

    Christi =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hugs are coming right at you for the ta-ta smash! Good that you are keeping on top of it though. Earned the pink ribbon myself, so hugs to your Mama, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the 'test'. I had my first a couple of years ago. Sending you good vibes:)
    I love scented markers, sharpies and color pens. I must stop buying them.
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not home, so it's nothing cute, but I did add directions for how to participate in Currently from an iPhone. I'm not home, and even if I was my computer wouldn't turn on this morning... So I had to figure out an alternative! I couldn't miss out on participating! Although, I haven't figured out how to hyperlink through the blogger app yet...

    Thanks for the link up! Good luck with your test.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Duck Dynasty...Jack! Rule #!. :)
    I hope your appointment went well.
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    tamingmyflockoffirsties@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for hosting and commenting on our Currently! Sooooo, I pulled a 4th grader and didn't read the directions clearly (I'm gonna blame it on the Friday sleepies). I did my like, love, hate with the first letter of my last name. Sigh. And, I forgot to link to you but I fixed that too. Sorry!! It's all good now! But I did like my brown-nosing for hate better than what I can do with the letter A for my first name. :O)

    Everyone loves your Currently!! You are so fun!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for hosting! Currently makes the first of the month so much more exciting than it has ever been!! Thanks for giving us all something fun to look forward to on the first of the month (and it's been even more fantastic these last two months because they first has been on a Friday!!) It is so fun to learn more about our favorite bloggers! Enjoy your weekend!

    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  12. Duck Dynasty was so funny! Si is a crack up! And I LOVE those shoes!

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for hosting. Love your shoes! I love new markers - hate when I am writing on chart paper with grey marker instead of black!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting! I have some black suede Minnetonka moccasins and they are amazing. The shoes are adorns. What is this Duck Dynasty show I keep hearing about? I will have to check it out. Have a great weekend and I know what you mean about a week not being nearly enough for Spring Break.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Farley, I love that you host this linky every month, right on time, even when your life is as crazy as yours has been. Thanks so much!! Everyone loves it so much!

    I love Kate from Second Grade Sparkle. Every single post she does makes me laugh my pants off and I usually learn something too ;)

    Have a great weekend!

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for coming over, commenting on my Currently, and commiserating over snack woes! It is a wonder we get any learning done with these petty little things! :)

    Jessica
    The Polka-dotted Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for hosting. I love linking up with you each month. Kate is just the sweetest. Love her! And...new markers.

    Jeannie
    The 2nd Grade Surprise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for hosting this great linky party. I am shocked at how fast time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck with your appointment on Friday. It's good that you're being proactive! I love markers too, especially the Mr. Sketch smelly markers. I usually take a big whiff before I start writing LOL!

    Thanks for hosting this linky! I love linking up every month and finding new people to follow!
    Angela :)
    Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for hosting this . . . makes the beginning of the month more fun! :) Hope your appointment goes well (and thinking good thoughts for you)! I can identify with the marker addiction . . . for me, it's craft and office supplies of many shapes and sizes. :)
    Mary Catherine (www.fun-a-day.com)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Duck Dynasty is too funny! Thanks for the party. I posted Currently directions in my post.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE Duck Dynasty!!! It's my fav!

    MacBook tutorial at Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I made a power point tutorial with specific details...yes I'm type A!!!
    Just go to my blog and see the post about it.
    Let me know what you think!
    Amy
    AlbuquerqueAmysFirstGraders.blogspot.com
    chevalier.amy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need to spring clean as well but that will probably have to wait until spring break.

    ~Diving Into Learning

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for hosting this linky Farley! It was my first one & I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love it as usual Farley! I have linked up and even added a short video tutorial in my post about how to link up.
    Teresa
    Confessions of a Teaching Junkie
    Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope your appointment went well, Farley!
    Don't laugh, but I've never heard of Duck Dynasty! Looks like I'll have to check it out.
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks again for hosting these Currently Linkies. As a new blogger, I am totally loving them. It's so great to connect with other teachers!

    Also, I'm doing a little happy dance because I am the 217th one in the link-up, and 2/17 is my birthday. (Math nerd alert!)

    As always, love reading your posts. And thanks again for the chance to link up!

    Twenty-Six Minutes for Lunch

    ReplyDelete
  29. Quack, Quack - Uncle Si is Awesome!!! Good Luck on first appt. Do not be too alarmed if you get called back. I am errr- "big and lumpy" (go me) so I got called back for a better baseline. Scary but better safe... Won't lie though - NOT COMFY! Kind is funny though "move your tissue" here, there, hmmm. ok...

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE those shoes! I need to go shoe shopping soon...spring fever is setting in:) So happy to read that you gave the keys to the realtor today. That must be such a relief! Check out my flash freebie on a natural disasters project from my recent post if you get a chance:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG those shoes are too cute!!! LOVE them and your blog!!

    Lauren
    KinderFriends

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much for hosting! As always this is always fun to read and link up. I hope your appointment went well Friday. I had my first one last year...I was beyond nervous but it wasn't so bad after all.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Puffy Heart your shoes too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for an awesome March Currently Farley! This is the second time I've linked up with a Currently, and had the time to comment more than 2 back and already commented 1 ahead even though I'm in the 300s on the list!

    Such a great way for everyone to share their experiences :)

    Liz - BaysideMathTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  35. Does anyone know why the little red x appears under my linky thing. I've only done two, but both times it has appeared and I can't figure it out!

    TIA!

    My Kinder-Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's there in case you want to remove your link up. It doesn't show up on anyone else's screen. ;)

      Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

      Delete
  36. Love your linky party.... I love CURRENTLY - I actually adapted (one of my 'A' words for like, love, hate) this to do with the new teacher mentorship program we run in my district.... it is a nice warm up activity for the teachers to share / do a temperature check.... thanks!!!

    http://alonganderson.blogspot.ca
    @MsAmandaLong

    B.C. Canada

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am so glad I found you! I love your blog and thank you for encouraging me to try my own "currently". I am just starting out so this was a great first activity to try on my blog! I mentioned you in my blog post at http://littleappleteacher.blogspot.com/2013/03/currently-for-month-of-march.html!!! Looking forward to more posts from you.

    ReplyDelete

~ I {PuFFy} HeArT comments!!!! THANK YOU!!!

JuSt an FYI

This policy is valid from 25 July 2011

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/