menu   Home About Me Creations Advertise Copyright  

CURRENTLY AUGUST

can you believe it...
where did our summer go???
it seems like just a few days ago I was posting the JUNE Currently
BUT BEFORE we go to

we need to hear from our sponsor....


Tara is the Georgia Blogger behind this super cute blog
her blog is so easy to read and her ideas are fresh and from the heart


...And They All Fall Down...

like all sponsors she got to pick her top 3 items...

FAMOUS INVENTORS NUMBER ONE
click on pic to go there
This is a 48 page packet that centers around three famous inventors; Garrett Morgan (traffic light), Alexander Graham Bell (telephone), and Thomas Edison (light bulb). 

Each inventor has a comprehension passage, comprehension questions, graphic organizers, writing prompts, time lines, vocabulary pages, and flip books.




FUDGE A MANIA
a book comparison
click the pic to get this

This is a 66 page book companion to accompany Judy Blume's book Fudge-a-mania. It is filled with all kinds of schtuff.... teacher and student questions for each chapter, journal prompts, a writing activity, brainstorming sheets, a flipbook is also included to review the elements of a fictional story, 4 character posters,  and a graphing activity!!! 


GATOR CHOMPIN'

click on the pic to go grab this freebie
SERIOUSLY this freebie has almost 17,000 downloads... 
WHAT WHAT... 
so many of you probably have it... but if you don't go get it!!!
HURRY UP!!!

THANKS so very much for sponsoring this month's CURRENLTY Miss Tara...
and NOW>>>>>>>>


MOST of my currently entries don't need any explaining.. it is B2s....
I did BIG B BIG 2 on purpose with a small s because if I whisper school it doesn't seem as bad)
OK truth be told... I made a mistake it should be a BIG B,2, and S and I just saw it...
and I want to redo it BUT I have been told that on the 1st of every month some of you
cray crays sit at your computer and refresh
refresh
and refresh
WHAT!!!
so I decided to do you and your PUTER a favor and just keep it
because well I have a lot to do today...
like read ALL of your CURRENTLYS....
so it stays B2s
and that is that...
now here is a pic of my new hair
yes it has purple and red...
I LOVE IT
I am super sad I will only have it for like another week and a half maybe 2
because it is a BIG NO NO to have funky colors so.... it will go back to dark
BUT I still LOVE IT
and not sure what is up with that pic... one cheek looks way puffier
and I swear I didn't have dental work done... must be weird
angle or something... HA HA

OK and my
B2s must haves...



My First Ticonderoga Pencils...
are my fave...
I love them
they are bigger for like little tikes and I buy them in bulk because
these are the pencils that I lend out and I KNOW for sure they are MINE
because NO 4th grader comes with these pencils...
PLUS I love using them tee hee her

my next B2s must have is....
a good teacher bag....
every year I treat myself to a new teacher bag...
it makes me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY...
I always have my heart set on one during the summer and then go and get it.
BUT this year I haven't found one I MUST HAVE...
so I am still on a search... BUT I must say I still adore my bag from last year...
do I dare repeat a bag...
it is unheard of in Farley World...
and it might just happen this year...
HA!!!

and my number 3 is
click on this to go and get it...
these are adorable...
and I am so excited to get these printed out and organized into a cute little binder for easy access


and NOW FOR YOUR CURRENTLY...

rules...
not many
RULE of 3...
go to the 2 in front of your link and leave a nice comment (not come follow me)
and then come back and leave a nice comment on the one after your link...
and for the last one....
B2s...
the last one is your back to school must haves... you can link up your own TpT item BUT I would RATHER you link up a TpT item that is NOT yours... share some love!!! bring a smile to somebody's face... and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE only do one TpT item the rest should be other things... feel free to share amazon links in your descriptions too for your followers to find it!!!! alrighty???

one last thing...
and yes it is a self plug... sorry
but these work best when you start them at the start of school
have you seen this???




60 comments:

  1. So how does it feel to know that people all over the world are sitting just waiting for you to post?! You are all dat...and so is your hair color! Thanks for hosting!!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it puts a lot of pressure on me... LOL... but I do find it kinda funny too... I NEVER thought in a bajillion years that this linky would be so successful... but I LOVE that this many teachers find my blog worthy of linking up to... makes my heart FULL of JOY!!!

      Delete
    2. I love this linky! I find so many great blogs from it. I would love to come up with a great idea for recurring linky one day too. (Although it could never out do this!)

      Delete
  2. Love love your hair! Love it!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super stalking your blog finally paid off haha!

    I am obsessed with your hair! Wish I had the guts to go for it! Blue and green would be so much fun!

    I hope you get into your classroom soon! I cannot wait to see the final result! Your room always looks fabulous!

    Thanks for hosting this linky once again! It makes August 1st more bearable!

    The Polished Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for putting this post together. I know it takes a lot of time! I love the hair. Why do you have to dye it back? Against dress code?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes NO funky colors... whaaa whaaa

      Delete
  5. I LOVE the hair!!! Now when are you gonna cut all of it off? lol :) I am soooo tempted to go super short after all those pinterest pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just the sweetest ever!!!! Thank you my love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting this monthly blog party. I bet a lot of us have quite the back to school to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You hair is so fun! I had some glitter tinsels put in mine .. just for the summer. Those pencils are the only pencils I have in my room. I supply them myself but they LAST forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something went wrong when I tried to post my link and I can't delete it. I am #25 if you are able to edit the list. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I'm your newest follower! I found you through Megan at I Teach. What's Your Super Power? I LOVE reading everyone's currentlys and once I figure this whole blog thing out I am definately going to hop on board. Thanks for all the amazing ideas, your blog is awesome!

    Liz
    Floating Through Fifth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your hair color! I would like to be that daring and I wonder what my school would say. As far as I know there isn't any rule against it but there aren't any teachers with funky colored dyed hair either...hmmmm. I should check out the "My First Ticonderoga" pencils. I just bought two 24 packs of the originals for my daughter going into 1st grade.
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute hair! Too bad you can't keep it. My class is totally doing your Currently! It's already on one of my many lists. :)
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the purple in your hair! Does it wash out or do you have to dye over it? I might have to do that over one of our breaks! I so want to be in my classroom, too! We can't get in for another 3 weeks! Love those reminder bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the purple washes out within 2 weeks but the bright red highlights don't... so I will be seeing my glam squad in about 2 weeks to get me back to normal :) you should try it ... it is fun

      Delete
  14. Yay! This was so much fun! I love the hair and really wish I could do mine, but I'm already pushing it with the tattoos! :)
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sad that you have to cover over that awesome hairstyle! I'm glad my school lets me do crazy things with my hair - I'm just not game enough to try it!

    Erin
    The E-Z Class

    ReplyDelete
  17. Farley,
    A great teacher bag is a MUST! If you are interested in Thirty-One and don't have a consultant, stop by and order your new bag :) https://www.mythirtyone.com/388439

    -Courtney
    2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love 31 bag. Everything fits in there. Your hair rocks!
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE your new colors! I don't think we have rules about that (yet). One of our teachers just got her nose pierced...and I let my tattoos show (foot-sandals and behind ear).
    Enjoy!
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your post. As an admitted fontaholic, PLEAAAASE let me know what fonts you used. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your hair! I saw some pretty cool bags at Hobby Lobby today. I was thinking I may go back and grab one for my school bag.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I {PuFFy} HeArT your hair and I'm sad for you that you have to undo it!

    Ok, I'd admit it. I was the teacher refreshing my computer yesterday. Yes, it was me! Love this and thanks for doing it! <3 the rule of 3.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Farley! This party got huge since the last time I joined in. How fun:) Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the hair!!

    What bag did you have last year?

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. last year's bag is a grande tote from consuela... it is in metallic gold and glitter snake skin

      Delete
  25. I am amazed at how quick this linky fills up!! Way to go Farley! Don't you wish we could get away with funky hair?!?! The reminder notes are probably one of my FAVORITE B2S purchases yet!!! I can't wait to get them all organized!! Thank you so much for such a great linky! :)

    Kelli
    Surviving the Little People

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely love your blog! I am a newbie blogger and I just stole your "currently" page, but I did add your link to it on my blog! That's okay, right? I'm not sure how all of this works yet, but I will be savvy in it soon!

    Jamie
    http://mommywifeteachercook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE, LOVE reading all the August Currently's! I feel like I am "almost" ready to hop back into the swing of things!
    Can't wait to see how your classroom turns out!
    Happy Friday,
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is my first time linking up! So excited to get to join in on all the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG, there's a Currently for the classroom! Must have. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  30. First time linking up! Thank you for doing this! We have already met 6 new friends through your linky! Awesome!!

    And I love your hair...which reminds me that I NEED to make a b2s hair appointment for my cut and color!

    Stacy
    The Rungs of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your hair! It is so cute! Thanks for your great linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I LOVE your hair too! It's a shame they make you change it! That seems crazy to me! We don't have rules like that, thank goodness! I wouldn't exactly call it crazy - it looks nice! Abbey http://teachertalkwithmrst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE your hair! I've had purple in mine all summer too and I'm SO sad that I can't have it in all year long. SO sad, seriously. It's the little things, right? I'm needing a cute teacher bag too. I had a 31 bag last year and it was great. Hubby thinks I should use a backpack. Hmmmm... Love ya girl!

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LOVE the hair! I cannot believe it is August already. I love your B2s explanation. I was laughing out loud for real! I still haven't found a great bag either. Good luck to you!

    -Bagby
    Math Madness

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you for such a cute Currently! I love your blog design and I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  37. LOVE your new hair! It's too bad you can't keep it red/purple! And I hear ya on the Ticonderoga pencils. Generic pencils are like generic cheese... you just don't do it!

    Angela :)
    Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your hair. :) I am having trouble figuring out how to do my own "currently..." do you just use it as a background in a word doc? Anywho, keep rockin' that hair til you just can't anymore! Happy almost school year!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Farley! I just wanted to say that I'm excited to be "Linking Up" for my very first time tonight with your August Currently! I've been reading your linky party's currentlys for months now, and I finally decided to try and join you! :) Hope you have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ok... probably a silly question as I am still figuring out the whole linky thing.. is there a way for me to get an already designed currently template or so I have to create one? I would love to use this with my students on an ongoing basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you want some for your classroom I sell CURRENTLY for your CLASSROOM in my TpT store... click on the pic of it in the post and it should send you there...

      if you are trying to join this linky you need to save the blank one and use it in a power point or other program and add text boxes for your answers

      Delete
  41. Your hair is AWESOME!!! Love it! I, too, work in a district that frowns on funky hair.

    Thanks so much for always sharing such wonderful bloggy things!

    http://fintasticfourthgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your hair! Maybe next summer I'll do something adventurous with mine. Thanks for hosting this!

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  43. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Farley! I'm a new blogger (as in started a blog day before yesterday new)! I found your wonderful site via Megan @ I teach. What's Your Super Power? I just linked up I think, but I'm not sure how to get the "Currently" icon or how to put text on it...or how to actually participate. Can you please help a newbie out? I'm so lost! LOL Thanks!

    http://www.nickisnotepad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love your hair color...I am especially prone to purple because I am a Baltimore Raven's Fan...It really looks great. This was my first time doing the Currently. I am really excited to participate and am looking forward to more in the future. I love reading what others have to say as well. Thanks so much!

    Animal Crackers and Apple Juice

    ReplyDelete
  46. Still starting out in this crazy blog world however, I am participating more in this kind of thing to get more great ideas from my colleagues from everywhere.

    Thank you!
    Apple for Miss Kay

    ReplyDelete

~ I {PuFFy} HeArT comments!!!! THANK YOU!!!

JuSt an FYI

This policy is valid from 25 July 2011

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/