About Farley Creations Advertising Copyright Oh Boy... It's Farley! Image Map




Monday Made-It

I am linking up today with my dear friend...TARA

I LOVE her Monday Made It linky parties and I finally have something I can share...


so you have probably seen these around Blogville...


well I put a twist on it...
I was thinking of my teamies that were leaving me 
and I wanted to make them something special...
soooooooooo
bring on this art project with....... a dollar tree clipboard and WHAMMO
a special homemade, useful, from the heart...going away gift :)

so here is what I did...
one go to Dollar Tree and get clipboards...
paint and modge podge the back of it to look like the SHINE Projects...

if you don't know the steps to this...
head to this POST or this ONE
and they have detailed steps of how to make this cuteness

ok so while the back was drying I made personalized to do lists for my buds
if you want a freebie to do list... head over to my store and download one...
click HERE
I know this has the same name one is the copy and one is the hardcopy...
I forgot to take a pic of the other but it is the same with a different name :)

 I made different themed pages...
just to keep each week different





the last one has Buck and my signature...
I made copies of these for them probably enough for their entire next year... maybe?!?!
after the front was dried... I decoed (not a word maybe a word) the front of the clipboard with a piece of scrapbook paper...
you can kinda see it sticking out from under the to do list above :)
or a lot of it in the below pic
I had to cut a little slit to fit around the clip part but other than that I just glued it down...
let it dry... and then used a sandpaper block to get clean edges!!!
and decoed it again...
I think I put 3 layers of deco on each side
front and back



after everything dried...
I added ribbon to the clip part...
this took a LOT MORE ribbon than I thought...
I bought a pack of colorful ribbons from the scrapbook section...
in Hob Lob
the kind that comes in like a little plastic pouch thingy...
and I used that whole pocket... well almost
seriously I was tying ribbon for over thirty minutes...
long long time... I just tied and kept tying until it was full...
I then trimmed the ribbon so it was all about even
I didn't measure the strips of ribbon before I tied them on
I just cut one strip tied it on and I liked the length of it and cut out the rest about the same length
some longer and some shorter
no exact measuring at all

after all was dried and tied...
I slipped in the to do lists... and WHA LAA...
CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!

 I tied ribbon around it all
and put clips on the hard copies of the to do list
and then I had one of my kiddos sneak sneaky
put it on their desks while we were at recess
they loved them!!!

the rays mean something too...
the mustache is for me... of course...
the wordy one is the definition of memory
the animal one has a giraffe on it... Patti's fave
and you can't see it here but there is a flip flop one for my girl Kindred!!!

SO if you haven't guessed it already...
my annual EOY project is going to now be done on clipboards...
it will save us a fortune!!!
and it is multifunctional as well
the clippy part of the board has a thingy that comes out so you can hang it on a nail...
AWESOME
so it can be art and functional...
LOVE IT

OKIE DOKIE
that about does it!!!
I am so glad I can link up with my girl Tara and now I think I am going to spend the rest of the night
clicking from link to link and filling up my to do list :)
thanks Tara for hosting these every week during the summer
that is a lot of work and I APPRECIATE IT!!!
LOVE YA!!!